Managed DAVdroid can fully be configured over the EMM. Restricted settings are pre-set and cannot be changed by the user. These settings (restrictions) include
- your organization name, homepage and logo,
- CalDAV/CardDAV settings like the base URL and contact group method,
- support options (email / phone number of your IT department) shown in the app and
- connectivity settings (e.g. WiFi restriction),
- the license code you will receive from us and which is required for synchronization.
As soon as you have deployed Managed DAVdroid to your users and set the restrictions, they only need to open Managed DAVdroid in their work profile and enter their user name / password to connect to your organization's CalDAV/CardDAV solution.
If you don't have Android Enterprise or if you don't want to use it for some reason, it is possible to deploy Managed DAVdroid in other ways:
- standard Google Play (without Android Enterprise),
- over an organization-private F-Droid repository,
- over Intranet download (APK is published on an Intranet download page),
- or even by email (APK is sent to users).
In these scenarios, Managed DAVdroid can be configured over
- DNS (a special query resolves to a configuration file URL, no user interaction required),
- Zeroconf (DNS-SD, similar method),
- Intranet URL (users open a special Intranet page on their mobile device to have their Managed DAVdroid configured),
- QR code (users scan a QR code provided by the IT department to have their Managed DAVdroid configured), or
- local configuration files which can be pushed to every device (for instance, with